Saturday, March 1, 2014

English Language Teaching and Learning


I have been persuaded by many of my friends and colleagues to write regularly on teaching and learning of English. It occurs to me also that I should do something in this direction to open up a platform for discussion, sharing of best practices, sharing resources and the like. But what is most important in e-reading is to make one's writing very brief and catchy. This is really the challenge we are going to undertake. Hope my teachers, friends and students will help me in this endeavour.
The writing part is not just by me alone. Who ever sends me good articles or reports of useful action researches they have undertaken they will be shared in this platform. The platform will also discuss issues faced by students and teachers in teaching and learning of English at the school level.
I request all my friends to join in the discussions we will be conducting both in the blog and the comment thread of the Facebook posts.
You can send your articles to my mail - ktdinesh@gmail.com
P. S. Please don't forget to limit your writing to maximum 2 pages.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings and gratitude for assuming such a vital and fatal role with regard to English teaching and learning process.. Much important is that you are seeming to be the apposite person for the same.. Hearty wishes once again.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Dinesh,

    A welcome step indeed. Why can't u translate the material prpeared by MM surendran on CCE? Here is the url. kanathurperumagups.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Dinesh
    You thought it at the right time from my part, I just had an Interview with Peter McLarn, renowned scholar and activist. He is considered a major representative of social justice education and critical pedagogy world wide. Dinesh, I am here for you !

    ReplyDelete
  5. N Prabhakaran"s story was really hilarious. I liked it. I would love to read it in the original. Anyways, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. വിമര്‍ശനം ഒരു ബ്ലോഗായി നില്‍ക്കണോ? വിദ്യാഭ്യാസം എന്ന വിഷയവുമായി ബന്ധപ്പെട്ട് ചില വിചാരങ്ങള്‍ അവതരിപ്പിക്കാവുന്ന, കേരളത്തിലെ (ഇന്ത്യയിലെ തന്നെ എന്ന് വേണമെങ്കില്‍ പറയാം) പ്രധാനപ്പെട്ട ആളുകലെയെല്ലാം ഇന്ന് ദിനേശന് / സുഹൃത്തുക്കള്‍ക്ക് അറിയാം. അത് ഇംഗ്ലീഷ് മലയാളം എന്നിങ്ങനെ മാധ്യമപരമായോ വിഷയപരമായോ ആവണമെന്നില്ല. അവരെ ഏകോപിപ്പിച്ചുകൊണ്ട് ഒരു പ്രിന്റ്‌ / അല്ലെങ്കില്‍ ഓണ്‍ ലൈന്‍ മാഗസിന്‍ ആണ് വേണ്ടത്.. വിഷയങ്ങള്‍ കണ്ടെത്തി എഴുതാന്‍ ആളുകളെ ഏല്‍പ്പിച്ചു മുന്നോട്ട് പോകുന്ന തരത്തില്‍... അത്തരം ആലോചന നടത്തിക്കൂടെ...

    ReplyDelete